Saturday, September 21, 2024

Hi Min

Hi Min,

I have safely arrived home and reunited with Umar, Huda, and Adam. They are okay. I could see their relief when they saw my wife. Adam was especially close to my wife, as she pampers him a lot. She even brought a gift for them from a store at Changi Airport. They are all happy, and Adam keeps saying, "Thank you, Ibu. I love you." Umar is quite shy and recites duas whenever he receives something, while Huda thanked her mom with a hug.

We prayed together, ate together, and shared many stories (and some complaints too). I told them they need to pack their things because we are moving to a new city, and they are excited. I have written a notice to the landlord to inform him that this December will be my last month renting his house. I will surely miss this city. Costa Rica has given me rich experiences through its diversity and culture. I love its warm, friendly people.

It's time to move to another city, explore new experience, and connect with new people. There are many opportunities to seize if we are wise enough to find them. As usual, I am always on the hunt for money. A real man makes a lot of money. Money is crucial to sustain a marriage. Without money, a marriage can suffer. Costa Rica's cost of living is not high, but residents say it's higher compared to other Central American countries. 

In a new place, I’ll need to be prepared to spend a lot. This makes sense, since in Costa Rica, I grew my own vegetables and fruit trees and even tried fish farming to cut costs. In Costa Rica, tomatoes cost between ₡1,000 and ₡2,264 per kilogram. I saved a lot by planting them myself. With the different weather in the new place, I’m not sure I can do the same. I also saved money by not taking my family out to eat due to the lack of halal cafes.

I always prioritize money above all else. One key to making a million a week is having at least seven businesses. Mukesh Ambani, the chairman and biggest shareholder of Reliance Industries, exemplifies this with over 20 companies across various industries. He's a major player in energy, particularly in oil refining and petrochemicals, and he also owns Reliance Jio, a top telecom provider in India. As of 2023, his net worth is $92 billion.

Elon Musk kicked off SpaceX with $100 million and now owns several companies, including Tesla, Starlink, Neuralink, xAI, SolarCity, The Boring Company, X, PayPal, and Zip2. His current project under Neuralink, called Blindsight, aims to enable people who have lost both eyes and their optic nerve, or those who are blind from birth, to see. He has also founded an alternative school similar to Sal Khan's called Ad Astra. With money, anything's possible.

I'll write to you again, Jules. Take care and stay safe.


Sep 6, 2024