Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Hi little one

Hi little one,

It's 8:35 p.m., and I'm off to work. I just finished a big meal: beef stew with potatoes and carrots, a bowl of oats, two kiwis, and two glasses of barley. How is your mom? Did she have her meal properly? I hope she didn't feel lethargic. On September 10, 2024, she said, "I've been waiting to hear from you... And then this... yet there was nothing." I didn't say goodbye; I just walked away.

I gaze at the sky. Everyone in the astronomy field is eagerly waiting for the Partial Lunar Eclipse from September 17-18. It didn’t happen in Kuala Lumpur but only in certain regions like North and South America, Africa, and some Asian countries. The moon always reminds me of her. Margaret Atwood says, "In the daylight, we know what’s gone is gone, but at night it’s different."

I can’t recall having just one good time with her because every moment felt great. A wise man says, "The best moments of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you." Another wise man says, "There is no life until you’ve loved and been loved." Dostoevsky wrote in Notes from Underground, "Where there is no love, there is no reason."

I didn’t talk much about myself to her. I rarely opened up to her. I reserved her only for my happy side. I don’t know how to talk about my feelings, my fears, my insecurities with her. It’s not because she is unreliable or lacks the capacity to soothe me; it’s just the way I am with her. Can you understand me? We spoke in different love languages, but in the end, we felt deeply connected.

In Modern Man in Search of a Soul, Carl Jung, a Swiss psychiatrist, says, "The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases." The more you learn, the more you discover new things. In life, don’t let anyone who hasn’t been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces. Your life is yours. Trust the process of life at your own pace.

I'll see you in the next letter. Toodle-oo!


Sep 17, 2024