Thursday, June 27, 2024

My secret affair

"Because it hurts deeply when you say we are nothing"

What are we actually? Should I call you my secret affair or my fabulous scandal? I won’t call you that because you were once my lover and still are precious to me. You are the most important person in my life. You don’t want to name us. You said it’s not important. Did we start dating each other again? No, we just continued our relationship that broke down in June 2014, a decade ago. Is that correct? It is, isn’t it? So now we agree we have a relationship.

"I feel worthless. I feel pointless"

This is the new you. When I left you, this feeling never appeared in you. It’s now like a new best friend. Why do you always feel worthless? Did you ever feel like this during our relationship a decade ago? As far as I remember, no. Who makes you feel worthless when I always treated you like a trillion-dollar diamond?

"You can’t call me a friend either"

I won’t address you as my friend. You are not my friend. You are my everything.

"Yet I still can’t let this go"

Neither can I, my dear.


June 18, 2024