Thursday, September 26, 2024

I miss you

It’s 1:53 AM on September 27, 2024. I just returned from work, took a long cold shower, and I'm doing some laundry. While hanging the clothes, I remembered when you said, "I'm sorry for everything, abang." I paused; I had no words. I’m not sure why that moment suddenly came to mind. After three days of long hours at work without returning to my room, I’m exhausted but can't sleep. You’re on my mind. I really miss your voice. Would it be okay if I called you just to hear you  breathe, without saying anything? I’m fine with that. I don’t know how to stop longing for you or wanting you. I don’t know how to stop missing you or thinking about you. It feels like I’m searching for you everywhere I go, and this feeling is really overwhelming. How are you, sayang? Are you doing okay? How’s your pregnancy?

Talking to you has been the best part of my whole year.