Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Monthly allowance

It was supposed to be a short workday, but I ended up working extra hours because an official demanded a bribe. They are asking for a monthly "allowance" and there are five of them.

When I refused, they started finding faults and threatened to shut down the site, even though the project hasn’t begun yet.I held a quick meeting with the staff to plan our next steps.

Besides the monthly allowance, they are also requesting a high-middle-income car, a house, vacation allowance, and a large budget for their festival, all based on the project’s value.

I got back to the hotel at 5 PM, had a cold shower, and went to the mosque for Maghrib prayer. After a short break, I continued working on several documents. It’s been a rough day.

My mental health isn’t in the best shape, but I’m pushing myself to stay focused on my work and ignore the inner turmoil. I’m exhausted, haven’t eaten yet, and I need to take a nap.