Saturday, October 05, 2024

My dearest sayang

I’m at Central Park, my favorite spot in New York. A few months ago, I shared the song "Biar Mimpi Sampai Ke Bintang" while sitting right here. You were in Krabi then, enjoying a family getaway. We were still exchanging emails, and in one, I jokingly said, "Jangan rindu." You seemed really upset in your reply. I was just joking, but perhaps you were in a bad mood because of the excruciating heat in Krabi. 

I’m having a sandwich and coffee while listening to the song, watching my toddlers play happily. Umar, Huda, and Adam are gossiping with their mom.

I can’t help but think of you. Wishing you a peaceful sleep, my dearest sayang.

"In the most selfish way possible, I want to be the only one who has your heart. I want to be the one who understands it completely, the one who holds it close. I don't want anyone else to feel your touch or the warmth of you just being near. I don't want anyone else to kiss your lips or taste the sweetness that I love. I want to be the one who kisses you goodnight and wakes up to you each morning. I want to be the reason you smile and to see the light in your eyes from the smallest things that make you happy. I want to be the one who brings you happiness and makes you laugh until you cry. I want us to be in the same book and to end in the same chapter. I want to be your last everything. In the most selfish way possible, I want all of you forever." — Unknown

 

Central Park, New York
October 5, 2024