Sunday, May 05, 2024

Emotional distance

I don't open the apps.
I don't read the chat.
I don't re-read her emails.
I write one email at a time.

I want her to focus on her husband without thinking about me. Her husband wants her attention and love. Maybe he feels like something is missing in their relationship. Perhaps he thinks she is only physically there, not emotionally. Men can sense these things. He limits her phone time at home not just because he suspects her of infidelity, but because he sees her spending more time on her phone than with him. He wants more. He wants more from her: more attention and affection. He wants to be her everything. I know how it feels to be unvalued, unwanted, and craving attention. I know how loneliness feels in a relationship. 

Ya Rabb, may she be a source of coolness in his eyes, bringing them closeness, happiness, and enjoyment of each other's company. Ya Rabb, I do not want to be the third wheel in their marriage. Forgive me and remove me from being the cause of the downfall of their marriage.


Masjid Awliya, New York
May 5, 2024 / 5.00 am