Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Hot daddy at the library

I took my quadruplets to the National Library of Costa Rica in San Jose today. Established in 1888, this library holds a significant role in the country. I grew up visiting public libraries to borrow books and complete homework, so I always encourage my kids to explore libraries and make it a point to visit public libraries wherever we travel.

According to a report by Utusan Malaysia, 348 public libraries have closed in the past five years, with the total number dropping from 3,002 in 2019 to 2,654 last year. Meanwhile, data from the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC), a nonprofit organization, shows that Vietnam leads Southeast Asia with 6,991 public libraries, followed by Thailand with 2,116.

Among the most beautiful libraries in Southeast Asia, Singapore’s Rotunda Library & Archive ranks first, followed by the National Library of Indonesia. In third place is the Starfield Library in Seoul, fourth is the Tianjin Binhai Library in Yancheng, and fifth is the Nakajima Library in Akita. Malaysia's own Raja Tun Uda Library is ranked 10th.
_

For today's outing, I dressed in a white V-neck t-shirt, worn jeans, a baseball cap, sunglasses, and brown desert boots—well, I'm the perfect example of a hot daddy.